HANOVER, N.H. – The fifth-ranked Florida lacrosse team fell to the No. 15 Dartmouth Big Green, 13-9, on Tuesday afternoon at Scully-Fahey Field.
Shannon Kavanagh led the way for the Gators on the offensive front, finding the back of the net four times. Brianna Harris dished out a team-high two assists to go along with her three goals. In the game, she became the 18th Gator to record 100 career points.
Grace Haus added two goals on the day as well.
Florida won the draw control battle, coming up with 14 during the game. Kavanagh led the way with seven draw controls, while Kaitlyn Dabkowski posted three on the afternoon.
Harris posted a team-high four groundballs, while Dabkowski and Kavanagh each recorded two.
In the cage, Sarah Reznick posted 10 saves for a .435 save percentage.
The Gators return home to Donald R. Dizney Stadium on Saturday to face off against the High Point Panthers at 12 p.m.
How It Happened
- Dartmouth found itself up 2-0 to start the game, but Brianna Harris put Florida on the board after picking up a loose groundball on Haus’ free position attempt.
- The Big Green got one back, once again taking the two-goal lead, before Shannon Kavanagh scored her first goal of the day with 23:59 left in the first half, pulling the Gators to within one at 3-2.
- Harris posted her second goal of the day with an absolute rocket in front of the cage, tying it up at 3-3.
- The Big Green answered with two goals to take the 5-3 with just under nine minutes remaining in the half. Grace Haus nabbed her first goal of the day to pull Florida within one at 5-4, but Dartmouth closed out the half with a 2-0 run to take the 7-4 lead into the locker room.
- Out of the break, the Big Green extended their run to 4-0, holding the 9-4 advantage with 24:59 remaining. Haus converted on her free position attempt – her second of the day – to pull the Gators within four at 9-5, but Dartmouth answered with a free position conversion of its own to push the lead back to five goals.
- Harris found Kavanagh in front of the net for her second goal of the day, bringing Florida to within four at 10-6. After a Dartmouth goal (11-6), Kavanagh notched a hat trick on an assist from Harris, bringing the Gators within four at 11-7.
- Kavanagh converted her fourth goal on a free position attempt to pull Florida within three goals at 11-8, but Dartmouth went on a 2-0 run to take the 13-8 lead.
- Harris notched her 100th career point to pull Florida within four at 13-9, but the Gators could not get any closer the rest of the way.
No. 5 Florida (4-2)
No. 15 Dartmouth (4-0)
- Brianna Harris became the 18th Gator to record 100 career points, registering three goals and two assists
- Grace Haus currently sits at 90 career goals, looking to become the 13th Gator to score 100 goals
- Shannon Kavanagh is on the quest to hit 200 career points, currently sitting at 187 in her career. She would be the ninth Florida player to reach that milestone
- Streaking: Kavanagh currently holds the record for most consecutive games with a draw control (40)
- Streaking: Kavanagh’s 25 consecutive games with a goal is the fourth-longest streak in program history (Record – 40 games, Shayna Pirreca)
- The Gators return home on Saturday to face High Point at Donald R. Dizney Stadium
- Opening draw is set for 12 p.m.
Follow the Gators: