GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The Women’s Professional Lacrosse League (WPLL) held its third ever draft on Tuesday night – this time for post-collegiate players – and two former Gators heard their names called.
The 2019 season is set to begin on June 2, with the NY Fight opening up against the New England Command and the Baltimore Brave taking on the Philadelphia Fire.
Below are a list of accomplishments of both Flanagan and Lea during their tenures at Florida.
- 2016 Arthur Ashe Jr. Sports Scholar First Team
- 2016 SEC Spring Academic Honor Roll
- 2015 BIG EAST All-Academic Team
Senior Season (2018)
- Served as a team captain
- Started 18 games during her senior campaign, including seven BIG EAST contests
- Finished the season with 42 ground balls, good for third on the team
- Also caused 18 turnovers and won three draw controls during the course of the season
- Tied for fifth in program history with 59 caused turnovers in her career
- Picked up a career-high five ground balls against North Carolina (3/3)
- Also tied her career-high with four caused turnovers against UNC
- Limited UNC’s Jamie Ortega to a 2-for-7 shooting performance
- 2015 BIG EAST Academic Honor Roll
- 2014 SEC Academic Honor Roll
- 2013 ALC Academic Honor Roll
- 2013 SEC First-Year Academic Honor Roll
Senior Season (2016)
- Started all 20 games during her senior season
- Posted 25 points on 11 goals and 14 assists
- Won 20 controls and picked up 19 groundballs during the season
- Registered eight caused turnovers during her senior campaign
- Sits 10th in the Florida record books with 18 free-position goals during her career
Back in the May draft, Shayna Pirreca was selected sixth overall by the Upstate Pride.
Follow the Gators