via the Keiser web site
Score: Keiser 22, Brenau 0
Records: Keiser (2-0), Brenau (0-4)
Location: Gainesville, Ga.
- The Seahawks earned the program’s first-ever shutout with their 22-0 win on Monday afternoon.
- Mickey Sherrill had an easy day in goal as the Seahawks defense didn’t allow a single shot all afternoon.
- Keiser’s defense was so dominate that Brenau never got the ball inside the Seahawks 30 yard zone.
- Eleven different Seahawks had at least one goal, while six KU players found the back of the net on multiple occasions.
- For the second consecutive game, Hayley Mazreku led the way in goals, with four.
- Cat Raymond and Caitlin Christner each had hat tricks on the afternoon.
- KU tallied 13 assists on the day, with Raymond leading the way with three while Christner and Kimberly Dornseif picked up a pair of assists.
- The Seahawks dominated on draw controls, 22-2, with Madalyn Huber leading the way with ten.
Keiser controlled the game from the first whistle until the final horn, scoring the opening goal just 42 seconds into the game while not allowing the Golden Tigers to record a shot in the contest.
How it Happened
- The Seahawks jumped out to a 2-0 lead just a minute into the game behind goals from Huber and Towner.
- Keiser found the back of the net four more times before the Golden Tigers even had a single possession at the 26:07 mark, which resulted in a turnover.
- The Seahawks then added seven more goals in the opening frame to take a 13-0 lead into the break.
- KU continued their dominance by adding four more goals over the opening 15 minutes to lead 17-0.
- The potent Keiser attack wouldn’t let off the gas as they tallied five more goals to come away with their second victory of the year, 22-0.
Head Coach Lauren Bennett said, “Coming off Saturday’s win, it was great to see our team continue to work together and play with intensity and composure.”
Points: Raymond (6)
Goals: Mazreku (4)
Assists: Raymond (3)
Draw Controls: Huber (10)
Caused Turnovers: Four Tied (1)
Saves: Sherrill (0)
Draw Controls: Wallace & Brown (1)
Caused Turnovers: Brazle, Jou, & Posea (1)
Saves: Heil (9)
Keiser returns to action Monday, March 5 as they host Barton College in their 2018 home opener. First draw is scheduled for noon.