via press release – photo via Keiser web site
Score: Keiser 7, Marian 10
Records: Keiser (1-13), Marian (9-8)
Location: Georgetown, Ky.
- Frankie Parshall and Tabetha Fike led the Keiser offense with two goals apiece, accounting for four of the team’s seven goals.
- Parshall paced the squad in points with three coming off two goals and one assist.
- Mary Reich started in goal for the final contest of the season, picking up the loss following 10 goals allowed.
The turning point in the season finale came in the final 10 minutes of the first half as Kori Garland scored three unanswered goals for the Knights, claiming the 6-3 advantage at halftime. Marian would not relinquish the lead.
How it Happened
- The Knights struck first following Julia Robson’s goal minutes into the start of the contest, providing Marian with a brief 1-0 edge.
- Fike then scored back-to-back goals for Keiser to claim the 2-1 advantage with her game-tying goal coming off Parshall’s assist.
- After the Knights netted two unanswered goals to take the one-goal lead it would be Parshall who scored for Keiser to even the contest back at three apiece.
- Garland buried the final three goals of the first half to provide the Knights with the 6-3 advantage heading into the locker room.
- Lindsey Keegan notched her second goal in as many days to open the second half, pulling Keiser to within two.
- Maria Johnson trimmed the Keiser deficit further with her own goal with 28:42 remaining in the second half.
- That was as close as Keiser would get as Reagan Riddle, Garland and Robson notched three consecutive goals for Marian, stretching the Knights’ lead to four.
- Parshall and Alisa Spahic scored two unanswered goals for Keiser to trim the Marian lead to 9-7 with 14:09 left to play.
- Robson collected the final goal of the contest, capturing the 10-7 win in favor of the Knights.
Points: Parshall (3)
Goals: Fike/Parshall (2)
Assists: Parshall (1)
Draw Controls: Parshall/Johnson (2)
Ground Balls: Parshall (4)
Caused Turnovers: Rojas (1)
Saves: Reich (1)
Points: Robson (6)
Goals: Robson (5)
Assists: Robson/Monohan (1)
Draw Controls: Robson (4)
Ground Balls: Garland/Bridges (4)
Caused Turnovers: Garland (2)
Saves: Bridges (3)