Score: No. 2 Keiser 17, Montreat 7
Records: Keiser (3-0), Montreat (1-3)
Location: SCAD Athletic Complex, Savannah, GA.
- Craig Marentette racked up a game-best nine points, including a new program record for assists with six. He also notched a hat trick in the process.
- Jacob Bomberry and Nolan Duncan finished with a game-best four goals.
- In the faceoff circle, Christian Esquilin was 18-of-24 and picked up a game-best nine ground balls. The freshman also scored his first collegiate goal.
- Dylan Sharpe picked up his third win of the year in the cage after recording six saves. Nick Dwyer saw action for the first time this season, playing the final 15 minutes and recording a save.
- Keiser outshot Montreat 50-20 and held a 53-22 edge on ground balls.
- For the second straight game, the Seahawks had one failed clear, finishing 22-of-23.
The Seahawks trailed 3-2 early in the second quarter before rattling off eight consecutive goals to take a 10-3 advantage with 5:52 remaining in the third period.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The two teams traded a pair of goals in the opening frame with the game deadlocked at 2-2 heading into the second quarter.
- Montreat regained the one-goal advantage at the 11:21 mark when Keiser answered with three straight goals to take a 5-3 lead into the half.
- Esquilin won the opening faceoff of the third quarter and sprinted right to the goal and beat the keeper for a three-goal advantage.
- The Seahawks then tacked on three more goals before the Cavaliers scored on a man-up opportunity to trail 10-4 with 4:24 remaining in the quarter.
- KU answered back with the final three goals of the quarter, including a goal from Bomberry with just 13 seconds left to lead 13-4.
- Duncan and Bomberry netted the first two goals of the fourth before Montreat matched them to climb within 15-6 at the 8:42 mark.
- Duncan and Aaron Collins pushed the margin back out to the largest of the game, but Montreat scored the final goal of the game with 57 seconds left, falling 17-7.
Points: Marentette (9)
Goals: Bomberry/Duncan (4)
Assists: Marentette (6)
Faceoff: Esquilin (18-24)
Ground Balls: Esquilin (9)
Saves: Sharpe (6)
Points: Jackson (3)
Goals: Jackson (3)
Assists: Ferris (1)
Faceoff: Robertson (4-11)
Ground Balls: Five Tied (3)
Saves: Verdier (15)
Keiser returns to the field on Saturday when they travel to Melbourne, Florida to take on Florida Tech. The game is scheduled for 11:30 a.m.