Score: No. 3 Keiser 19, Tennessee Wesleyan 13
Records: No. 3 Keiser (2-1), Tennessee Wesleyan (1-1)
Location: Athens, Tenn.
Led by seven goals from John Senior, the No. 3 Keiser men’s lacrosse team battled past Tennessee Wesleyan 19-13 Sunday afternoon for their first road win of the season.
Keiser 5, Tennessee Wesleyan 1
- Hunter East got the scoring started for Keiser with a goal 1:48 into the contest.
- Landon Underwood and John Senior joined East in the scoring column as Keiser’s lead grew to 4-0 at the 5:58 mark.
- Following a Bulldogs goal, Anthony Senior scored to give the Seahawks a 5-1 lead at the end of one.
Keiser 9, Tennessee Wesleyan 4
- Tennessee Wesleyan opened the quarter with two goals in the first six minutes of play.
- Keiser responded with four straight goals, capped off by Josten Ucros’ first goal of the season, to up their advantage to 9-3 with :37 remaining in the half.
- The Bulldogs netted the final goal of the quarter with just five seconds left to trim the deficit to 9-4 at the break.
Keiser 14, Tennessee Wesleyan 9
- Hunter Pfeiffer delivered the first strike for Keiser less than a minute into the second half as they led 10-4.
- Following John Senior’s third goal of the day, Tennessee Wesleyan found the back of the net to cut the margin to six, 11-5, at the 10:51 mark.
- The two squads traded goals over the final 10 minutes of the quarter as Keiser led 14-9 heading into the fourth.
Keiser 19, Tennessee Wesleyan 13
- Tennessee Wesleyan struck first in the final quarter just 33 seconds in.
- John Senior responded with his fifth and sixth goals of the game to push Keiser’s lead back up to six, 16-10, with 10:26 remaining.
- Cam Provines and Cole Stassi upped the Seahawks advantage to 18-10 with back-to-back goals as 9:20 showed on the clock.
- The Bulldogs scored three of the final four goals, but it wasn’t enough as Keiser went on to win 19-13 for their first road win of the year.
- 5: Keiser is now 5-0 all-time against Tennessee Wesleyan.
- 6: Cole George tallied six saves in afternoon.
- 6: East tied the school record for assists in a game with six.
- 7: John Senior scored a career-high seven goals to lead all players.
- 8: John Senior and East registered a game-best eight points.
- 9: Nine Seahawks found their way into the scoring column.
- 14/23: Cam Provines scooped up a game high 14 ground balls and went 23-of-33 on faceoffs.
Points: Senior/East (8)
Goals: Senior (7)
Assists: East (6)
Faceoffs: Provines (23-33)
Ground Balls: Provines (14)
Caused Turnovers: Two Tied (1)
Saves: George (6)
Points: Greco (5)
Goals: Greco (4)
Faceoffs: Gasior (9-31)
Ground Balls: Gasior (6)
Caused Turnovers: Five Tied (1)
Saves: DeMoss (10)
Keiser at The University of Alabama in Huntsville on Feb. 28 at Charger Park in Huntsville, Ala.